“Now, then, listen to this” [SIGN]
Earlier this month, Audible and Treefort Media released a ten-part podcast, Moriarty: The Devil’s Game, written by Charles Kindinger and starring Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Phil Lamarr, Adam Godley, and Lindsay Whisler, with a special appearance by Curtis Armstrong.
The story takes what we know from the traditional Holmes-Moriarty archrivalry and turns it on its head, getting us to familiar territory by taking a very different route indeed.
Charles Kindinger joined us for an interview to talk about the inner workings of this Audible Original production, what inspired him to write it, and how he managed to tread the fine line of not alienating traditional Holmes fans while presenting a new theory.
The Canonical Couplet quiz is available to test your wits just after the interview; if you correctly guess the story we're referring to, you'll be eligible for a drawing for some choice items from the IHOSE vaults.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by August 14, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
Download [Save As] | File size 82.1 MB, 59:50
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Sherlock Holmes Review.
- MX Publishing, through its series The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories has raised over $100,000 for Undershaw.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose245
- Moriarty: The Devil's Game (available free with an Audible trial)
- "The Shape-Shifting Sherlock Holmes, Now Playing the Villain" (New York Times, gift article)
Post a Comment