“Maybe you collect yourself” [EMPT]
Many Sherlockians are collectors. Most of those collect books or related written material. But collectors are an interesting breed, as widely varied as the general population.
Peter Eckrich and Rob Nunn discovered this fact as they set out to put together The Finest Assorted Collection: Essays on Collecting Sherlock Holmes. In essays written by 27 Sherlockians, they take us on a journey of collecting that highlights the eccentricities of the collections and collectors alike. It's a book that's all about passion, as our interview makes abundantly clear.
The Canonical Couplet follows the interview; try matching wits with our poetical representation of a Sherlock Holmes story. If you correctly guess the story we're referring to, you'll be eligible for a drawing for a copy of The Finest Assorted Collection.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by July 29, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
Download [Save As] | File size 70.1 MB, 51:03
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Sherlock Holmes Review.
- MX Publishing, through its series The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories has raised over $100,000 for Undershaw.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose244
- The Finest Assorted Collection: Essays on Collecting Sherlock Holmes
- Rob's blog Interesting, Though Elementary
- Sherlock Hemlock on Sesame Street
- Previous episodes mentioned:
Post a Comment