Breaking news: registration for From Gillette to Brett III is now open!
This is the third installment of the quadrennial From Gillette to Brett conference that is produced by the Wessex Press, and it's taking place from November 11 - 13, 2011 in Bloomington, Indiana. From the website:
Devoted to Sherlock Holmes on stage, screen, television, and radio, From Gillette to Brett III will feature rare Sherlockian films, vendors, and an all-star roster of distinguished speakers, presenters, and events, including the 35th Anniversary Screening of The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, hosted by Nicholas Meyer!The star-studded lineup of speakers is impressive and includes the following:
- Nicholas Meyer, BSI ("A Fine Morocco Case"), author of The Seven Per-Cent Solution, The West End Horror: A Posthumous Memoir of John H. Watson, M.D., and The Canary Trainer: From the Memoirs of John H. Watson - not to mention his connection with the world of Star Trek.
- Curtis Armstrong, BSI ("An Actor and a Rare One"), noted Sherlockian and actor from Risky Business, Ray, Revenge of the Nerds, "Moonlighting" and more.
- David Stuart Davies, BSI ("Sir Ralph Musgrave"), Holmesian and author of Holmes of the Movies: The Screen Career of Sherlock Holmes, Bending the Willow Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes and Starring Sherlock Holmes: A Century of the Master Detective on Screen.
- Bert Coules, the lead writer for the BBC Radio Sherlock Holmes series with Clive Merrison and Michael Williams.
- Tony Earnshaw, author of An Actor and a Rare One.
- Leslie Klinger, BSI ("The Abbey Grange"), editor of The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes and consultant to the Warner Bros. "Sherlock Holmes" movie series.
- Kathryn White, BSI ("The Musgrave Ritual"), author and Holmesian.
See more for yourself on the latest trailer:
If any of this looks remotely interesting, get thee to the registration site immediately! This event only happens every four years, and these are icons of the Sherlockian world with deep connections to the stage and screen.
Post a Comment