“a connoisseur and collector” [ILLU]
Chuck Kovacic is an artist of many dimensions. His paintings are but one of these dimensions — universally visible to those who can see his work in art galleries, or places like McSorley's Old Ale House in New York City.
But Chuck's flair for Sherlockian scholarship and collecting has taken him in a rare direction: he has a recreation of Sherlock Holmes's 221B Baker Street sitting room built in his house in California. And it contains more than reproductions or Canonical items; Chuck has taken his level of collecting to a far deeper and studious level.
Tune in as he shares his "collection mania in its most acute form" [ILLU] with us.
We're pleased to announce the return of the Canonical Couplet! We'll be accepting responses through January 29, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will receive an item from the IHOSE vaults.
NOTE: we have bonus content for our Patreon supporters: an outtake clip and more of Chuck's Sherlockian artwork, including his portrait of Christopher Morley. You can access it on Patreon.
Download [Save As] | File size 34.3MB, 1:08:45
Click here to listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Sherlock Holmes Review.
- MX Publishing has launched the MX Audio Collection. Use the code IHOSE to get 25% off a monthly or annual subscription.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose232
- Chuck Kovacic Arts
- Our other podcast: Trifles
- Other episodes mentioned:
- Episode 68 and Episode 69 with Bert Coules
- Episode 153: The Rooms at 221B Baker Street
Post a Comment