"You are a collector, this set has come your way" [ILLU]
In our previous episode, we talked about some of the items in our collection, so we thought this time, we'd give you a glimpse into the collection of another Sherlockian as we launch Season 15 of I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere.
Charles Prepolec, BSI ("The Man with the Twisted Lip") is a Sherlockian whose collecting bug has run the gamut before settling on the Strand Magazine. In particular, bound volumes.
He takes us on his collecting journey, from comic books to pastiches, Doc Savage to Dan & David Day, and original appearances to entertainment. We learn what motivated him to focus on the Strand and where his collecting bug will take him next.
Our new tiers are up on Patreon, including access to our exclusive community for supporters. Be sure to check that out - including exclusive photos from Charles' collection.
The Canonical Couplet quiz is back, plus a new direction for the year. Answers for this episode are due by 11:59 pm EST on January 28. Our winner will receive a copy of the DVD of the documentary The Many Faces of Sherlock Holmes.
Information on sponsors, links, and notes available below.
Download [Save As] | File size 24.5 MB, 55:22
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose208
- Charles Prepolec on Twitter: @sherlockeditor
- The Annotated Sherlock Holmes by William S. Baring-Gould
- The Universal Sherlock Holmes by Ron Burt De Waal
- Previous episodes mentioned:
- Episode 57: A Sherlockian Halloween (Charles's first appearance on IHOSE)
- Episode 16: Collectors' Corner - Jerry Margolin
- Episode 188: The Art of Frank Cho
And would you consider leaving us a rating and review? It would help other Sherlockians to find us.
Post a Comment