"Might I ask a few questions to test you?" [ILLU]Yesterday's San Jose Mercury News ran an Isaac Asimov Super Quiz with a Sherlock Holmes theme. Isaac Asimov was a proud member of the Baker Street Irregulars.
Subject: SHERLOCK HOLMES(e.g., Who created Sherlock Holmes? Answer: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.)
FRESHMAN LEVEL1. Who was the detective's friend and biographer?
2. What was the detective's address?
3. The residence was maintained by his landlady. Name her.
GRADUATE LEVEL4. What was the title of the first Sherlock Holmes story?
5. Holmes retired and became an apiarist. What is an apiarist?
6. Identify his archenemy.
PH.D. LEVEL7. On whom was the character Sherlock Holmes said to be based?
8. After what American physician and essayist was Holmes named?
9. Sherlock Holmes had an older brother. Name him.
Answers are available here.
Post a Comment