“our visit to The Haven” [LION]
The latest in the BSI Manuscript Series from the BSI Press is The Haven Horror. If that reference isn't immediately recognizable, it's not surprising; it's a phrase taken from “The Adventure of the Retired Colourman,” which comes at the tail end of the Canon.
Phil Bergem, BSI ("Birdy Edwards") joins us to talk about this volume in his new role as editor. Phil has long been the annotator/transcriber of manuscripts for the series, but he took on new responsibilities this time around. And it shows, with a wide-ranging variety of essays to inform, entertain, and delight us regarding this little-talked-about story.
A copy of this book awaits for the winner of the next Canonical Couplet quiz. Simply identify the Sherlock Holmes story based on two lines of poetry; if your answer is chosen from among the correct entries, you'll win.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by February 14, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
Download [Save As] | File size: 91.3 MB, 1:06:30
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing is a publishing dynamo, with new titles every week. They're sure to have loads of options for your Sherlock Holmes-related needs.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose257
- The Haven Horror: A Facsimile of the Original Manuscript of “The Adventure of the Retired Colourman” (BSI Press)
- Other episodes mentioned:
Post a Comment