“it is better to learn wisdom late than never to learn it at all” [TWIS]
The game—of life—is afoot! In our endless pursuit of happiness, is it possible that we have overlooked some crucial clue? Sherlock Holmes says "Yes."
As Glenn Dakin kept reading the Sherlock Holmes stories, he discovered more wisdom buried in those pages than many modern-day philosophers. He extracted some examples to serve as the basis for his book, Sherlock Holmes' Little Book of Wisdom: How to Deduce What On Earth Is Going On.
Glenn's book has ten chapters with lessons from the stories, paired with his wonderfully witty and whimsical illustrations to make this journey of wisdom one of fun.
And, if you're any kind of curious Sherlockian, you'll want to know about the connection to D. Martin Dakin. The answer awaits within...
Please be sure to play our Canonical Couplet quiz: the winner will receive a copy of Observations by Gaslight. Answers are due by December 29, 2021 at 11:59 a.m. EDT.
Download [Save As] | File size 33.4MB, 1:06:28
Click here to listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Sherlock Holmes Review.
- MX Publishing has launched the MX Audio Collection, beginning with an exclusive interview with Lee Child. Listen to the episode for a special discount code.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose230
- Sherlock Holmes' Little Book of Wisdom: How to Deduce What on Earth is Going On (Amazon)
- Sherlock Holmes' Little Book of Wisdom (Eaglemoss)
- A Sherlock Holmes Commentary by D. Martin Dakin
- Glenn's other books include:
Post a Comment