“put forward with such a quiet air of mastery” [STOC]
As regular readers and listeners know, Michael F. Whelan, BSI ("Wiggins") passed away in October of 2021. His contribution to the Sherlockian game was more than any one person could adequately describe.
To honor his memory, we gathered a number of Baker Street Irregulars to remember Mike beyond his Sherlockian self — people who knew him well and could comment on his interests, his personality, and his character. These were: Peter Blau, Ross Davies, Steven Doyle, Les Klinger, Hartley Nathan, Otto Penzler, and Steve Rothman.
We hope you can appreciate the man Mike Whelan was, what he did for the Sherlockian community, and the kind of leadership he represented.
There is no Canonical Couplet quiz in this episode; the lines are still open for answers from the previous episode, which are due by January 14, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EDT.
Download [Save As] | File size 32.5MB, 1:05:02
Click here to listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Sherlock Holmes Review.
- MX Publishing has launched the MX Audio Collection, beginning with an exclusive interview with Lee Child.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose231
- Remembering Michael Whelan
- From the BSI Press: "A Quiet Air of Mastery" (tribute to Mike Whelan)
Post a Comment