"Unique, perfectly unique" [BRUC]
When Vincent Starrett set out to write his cornerstone pastiche in 1920, it wasn't intended for an audience of Sherlock Holmes fans. For one, he didn't know of any others who were as fixated on Holmes as he was.
Fortunately, Richard Sveum, BSI ("Dr. Hill Barton") is well connected in the Sherlockian world and was able to tap the talents of other Starrett experts and enthusiasts to assist him in creating the 2020 Baker Street Journal Christmas Annual: The 100-Year Adventure of The Unique Hamlet. This look at Vincent Starrett's classic work will bring you new understanding of the man and his contribution to the world of book collectors and Sherlock Holmes.
The Canonical Couplet quiz winner this time will receive a copy of the 2020 Baker Street Journal Christmas Annual: The 100-Year Adventure of The Unique Hamlet. Answers are due by February 27, 2021 at 11:59 a.m.
Information on sponsors, links, and notes available below.
Download [Save As] | File size 28.8 MB, 1:02:14
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose210
- Subscribe to The Baker Street Journal to be sure you get this year's Christmas Annual
- The Shaw 100 (University of Minnesota Libraries)
- Randall Stock's census of "The Unique Hamlet" (Best of Sherlock)
- Ray Betzner's Vincent Starrett blog (Studies in Starrett)
- The Somnambulist and the Detective by Susan Rice (Amazon)
- The Charlie McCarthy connection to Sherlock Holmes
- Previous episodes mentioned:
- Episode 61: Vincent Starrett (Ray Betzner and Susan Rice)
- Episode 89: The Adventuresses of Sherlock Holmes (Evelyn Herzog and Susan Rice)
- Episode 169: Studies in Starrett (Ray Betzner)
- Trifles Episode 46: A History of Pince-Nez
And would you consider leaving us a rating and review? It would help other Sherlockians to find us.
Transcript - I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere Episode 210: The Unique Hamlet
Post a Comment