"that strange wireless by which such people collect the news" [LION]
Moving from the definitive Sherlock Holmes on radio in our last episode to the definitive Sherlock Holmes of television, we're joined by Gus and Luke Holwerda, the fraternal team responsible for The Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes Podcast.
This duo is as enthusiastic about the Granada series as we are (perhaps more!) and they bring their professional backgrounds of audio and film production to the microphone as they demonstrate that enthusiasm. We talk about a range of topics, from locations to wardrobe, favorite episodes and more.
Plus, we talk about their newly-available offering of Sherlockian Relics and how you can get their version of Granada props. It's the perfect collision of Sherlock Holmes podcasts in one episode.
You'll want to see if you can test your knowledge with the Canonical Couplet: we give you two lines of poetry that describe one of stories, and you name it. The winner something from our vaults—it's a mystery! Entries are due by 11:59 pm EDT on November 14, 2020.
Download [Save As] | File size 38.9 MB, 1:17:20
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose203
- The Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes Podcast
- Sherlockian Relics
- The Origins Podcast
- The Unbelievers
- Vincent Price introductions to the Granada series on PBS.
- Books mentioned in this episode:
- The Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony
- The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes by Leslie S. Klinger
- The Oxford Sherlock Holmes
- Bending the Willow by David Stuart Davies
- 221BBC by Bert Coules
- A Study in Celluloid: A Producer's Account of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes by Michael Cox
- The Pictorial History of Sherlock Holmes by Michael Pointer
- Previous episodes referenced on this show:
And would you consider leaving us a rating and review? It would help other Sherlockians to find us.