on the last episode, we were joined by David Morrill, BSI ("Count von Kramm"), who offered an informed opinion about the new Sherlock Holmes film.
And as they do in the film business, we're offering you the sequel: part two of Sherlock Holmes at the Movies. Here we continue where we left off, discussing Jude Law's turn as Watson, working with animals, the potential for a sequel and more. Burt wraps up the show with an alternative to our traditional Editor's Gas-Lamp by sharing an excerpt from The Films of Sherlock Holmes by Chris Steinbrunner, BSI ("The Tankerville Club Scandal")
We're also running a contest for our listeners. Please be sure to listen or download the episode to hear how you can be eligible to win one of our prizes.
- Sherlock Holmes and autism (via the New York Times)
- David's opus magnum: 2008 Baker Street Journal Christmas Annual - Reading the Signs: Some Observations and Aperçus on Film and Television Adaptations of The Sign of the Four
- Sherlock Holmes: the Complete Series featuring Ronald Howard
- See Brad Pitt as Professor Moriarty
- The next Sherlock Holmes movie - by the Asylum
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
- For those interested in the other cartoons and films mentioned in passing: Secret Squirrel, Wile E. Coyote and Animal House can be found by clicking here.
- Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Granada Television Series
- Basil Rathbone in The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection
Download this episode by right-clicking the icon and selecting "Save As..." (File size: 28.8 MB, 31:27 )