As you probably know, any blockbuster film - in addition to the revenue it brings to the studio - will result in an associated cottage industry. Toys, music, books, video games - you name it. In this case, Sherlockians new and old have been given a gift in the renaissance the character is now enjoying.
In this episode, we're joined by Steven Doyle, BSI, 2s ("The Western Morning News"), author of Sherlock Holmes For Dummies, a book that in a single place, encapsulates our hobby and all of the associated background of the time, era and stories that make it so enjoyable. Join us and listen in on what some of the highlights of the book are, the "story behind the story" of how Steve was chosen as the author, and some surprises that Steve encountered along the way.
We close with a reading of and Editor's Gas-Lamp from The Baker Street Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2 (New Series) titled "Writings About the Writings."
- Sherlock Holmes For Dummies
- Steve's original appearance on our show
- Wessex Press web site
- Sherlock Holmes For Dummies Cheat Sheet
- Jane Austen For Dummies
- The Sherlock Holmes Social Network
- The Sherlock Holmes Reference Library: The Apocrypha of Sherlock Holmes
- The I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere Facebook page
- The Baker Street Journal