“How came you there?” [BLAC]
Questing was Sherlock Holmes's business. He took in the world around him and tried (and succeeded most often) to make sense of it — as did his creator Arthur Conan Doyle.
In his efforts to connect the dots in his latest book, The Worlds of Sherlock Holmes, Andrew Lycett goes questing, just as many of his previous biographical subjects did.
We journey with Andrew across the place, the times, the wider world that gave birth to this remarkable character, and the way the character shaped the world. The marvel over the physical book itself, which is beautifully done and the perfect addition to every Sherlockian library.
We have news items from the Sherlockian world and another Canonical Couplet that is absurdly simple. Be sure to submit your answer for consideration for a copy of The Worlds of Sherlock Holmes.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by October 14, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
If you become a Patron of the Arts, not only will you help to ensure we can keep doing what we do, covering file hosting costs, production, and transcription services, but we have thank-you gifts at certain tiers and ad-free versions of the episodes for all patrons.
And for our Patrons, the conversation with Andrew continues. Listen to it by becoming a Patron today.
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing brings the best in new Sherlock Holmes novels, biographies, graphic novels and short story collections every month. With over 400 books it's the largest catalogue of new Sherlock Holmes books in the world.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose274
- The Worlds of Sherlock Holmes: The Inspiration Behind the World's Greatest Detective
- News items
- Sherlock & Co
- The Susan Rice Mentorship Award
- The Doylean Honors
- Sherlock Holmes Magazine Granada Sherlock Holmes poll
- Other episodes mentioned: