“the reputation of being excellent company” [ENGR]
For this 275th episode of I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere, we're joined by another podcast. It always delights us to talk about audio with other audio geeks.
Joel Emery is writer and co-creator of Sherlock & Co., a new podcast from Goalhanger Podcasts. Together with his partner Adam Jarrell, they're dramatizing the entire canon of 60 stories in the form of a real-crime podcast, with John H. Watson as the narrator.
It's an ambitious and creative endeavor, and we talked to Joel about his inspirations, the creative process, partnering with a podcast juggernaut, working with a cast on the other side of the globe, the sound design, writing for Watson as an audio everyman, the most challenging story to write, Joel's favorite, and much more.
We have yet another Canonical Couplet that should be easy to solve. We'll have something from the IHOSE vaults for our winner.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by November 14, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
If you become a Patron of the Arts, not only will you help to ensure we can keep doing what we do, covering file hosting costs, production, and transcription services, but we have thank-you gifts at certain tiers and ad-free versions of the episodes for all patrons.
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing brings the best in new Sherlock Holmes novels, biographies, graphic novels and short story collections every month. With over 400 books it's the largest catalogue of new Sherlock Holmes books in the world.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose275
- Sherlock & Co.
- Goalhanger Podcasts
- Holy Smokes Audio
- "The Antibody" (theme from Jackie the Ripper)
- Other episodes mentioned: