“some stuff that would suit my editor” [VALL]
It's not that often that editor's door at The Baker Street Journal swings open. In fact, the last time it happened was at the turn of the century. But this January, Dan Andriacco, BSI ("St. Saviour’s, Near King’s Cross") was announced as the newest editor of the BSJ.
Dan assumes the seat that Steve Rothman, BSI, 2s. ("The Valley of Fear") has aptly occupied for 23 years (hear our interview with Steve in Episode 221), but he is not alone. Dan has brought not only a cadre of people to fill various roles, but he has also brought a lifetime of writing and editing.
What are Dan's priorities for the Journal? How will its pages change and possibly appeal to a wider audience? What can we expect in the next issue? And most importantly, what is the Christmas Annual about this year? The answers await.
The Canonical Couplet is here for a chance to win BIG! If you submit a correct answer and we choose your name randomly chosen, you'll get a copy of Dan's very first issue of the BSJ.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by May 29, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
Download [Save As] | File size: 73.7 MB, 53:43
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing is a publishing dynamo, with new titles every week. They're sure to have loads of options for your Sherlock Holmes-related needs.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose264
- Baker Street Beat (Dan's website)
- Dan's Amazon page
- The Baker Street Journal
- John Bennett Shaw and the Terrible, Hysterical NSFW Essay
- Car Talk
- Contact the BSJ editor at bsj.editor @ gmail.com
- Previous Episodes mentioned (in order):
Post a Comment