“the man flew past us on the road” [PRIO]
|Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons|
We love writers and we love humor, so when we meet a writer who has a humor column, even better. And Erik Deckers — a name familiar to people in these parts — fits the bill.
Erik's weekly syndicated humor column is a fun read, just as his attempts at solving the Canonical Couplet each episode are a fun listen. But we delve deeper than humor with Erik: we talk about his writing history, his term as a writer-in-residence at the Jack Kerouac House, as well as the Sherlockian connection to the author of On the Road.
You'll want to stick around for the Canonical Couplet to see if you can win a prize from the IHOSE vaults.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by November 29, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
If you become a Patron of the Arts, not only will you help to ensure we can keep doing what we do, covering file hosting costs, production, and transcription services, but we have thank-you gifts at certain tiers and ad-free versions of the episodes for all patrons.
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing brings the best in new Sherlock Holmes novels, biographies, graphic novels and short story collections every month. With over 400 books it's the largest catalogue of new Sherlock Holmes books in the world.
- Erik's website and humor column: The Laughing Stalk
- Erik's first novel: Mackinac Island Nation
- Erik's Amazon author page
- The Kerouac Project
- Jack Kerouac and Sherlock Holmes
- The Resurrected Holmes by Marvin Kaye