“Look how close they play the game” [3GAB]
Ken Ludwig, BSI ("Jack Stapleton") has seen his plays, Sherlockian and otherwise, grace the stage and win awards since the 1980s. And Ashley Polasek, BSI ("Singlestick") took on the role of Executive Director of the Ken Ludwig Company in 2022.
Together, the two join us to talk about Ken's latest Sherlockian play, Moriarty, which premiered at the Cleveland Playhouse in April and May of 2023. But the discussion goes well beyond that to include Ken's other works, how Covid affected the play, how the creative process works, how Ashley's unique background and expertise are perfectly suited to her role, and more.
Learn how this dynamic duo play off of each other's strengths to help make everything Ken Ludwig does even more successful. Whether you're a fan of the theater, the creative process, just interested in how a Sherlock Holmes piece comes to life, this is a discussion you won't want to miss. And make sure you listen in for Ken's next Sherlock Holmes play, which he mentions here.
The Canonical Couplet is here for a chance to win! We can't offer tickets to Ken's play, but we can give you a piece of theatrical Sherlockiana from the IHOSE Vaults.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by June 14, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing brings the best in new Sherlock Holmes novels, biographies, graphic novels and short story collections every month. With over 400 books it's the largest catalogue of new Sherlock Holmes books in the world.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose265
- Ken Ludwig's site
- Moriarty at the Cleveland Playhouse
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
- Anatomy of Criticism by Northrop Frye
- Previous Episodes mentioned:
- Episode 73: A Conversation with Playwright Ken Ludwig
- Episode 70: Sherlockian Jeopardy
- Episode 109: Behind the Canonical Screen
- Episode 143: P.G. Wodehouse and Sherlock Holmes
- Episode 177: Being Sherlock
- Episode 212: All Things ACD
- Episode 255: Sherlock Holmes in the Public Domain
- Episode 237: A Celebration of Sherlock Holmes