“a child has done the horrid thing” [SIGN]
Bonnie MacBird, BSI ("Art In the Blood") is back with her fifth Sherlock Holmes novel.
This time, we're treated to a Christmas tale in What Child Is This?, where we encounter a kidnapped three-year-old and a missing son of an aristocrat, with Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and Heffie O'Malley at the center of it call.
Bonnie shares her writing process with us, discusses how it changed during the pandemic, and what it was like collaborating with artist Frank Cho, BSI ("The Duke of Balmoral") on the heroic illustrations he provided for the book.
Join us for the Canonical Couplet: two lines of poetry that signify a Sherlock Holmes story. You tell us which and one randomly-chosen winner will receive a copy of Bonnie's book.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by November 14, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
For our supporters, a very special challenge just for you, where you'll have a chance to win six Sherlock Holmes books: The Sherlock Holmes Little Book of Wisdom, Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes of Baker Street, In and Out of Character, and Conan Doyle. See what awaits on Substack or Patreon.
Download [Save As] | File size: 81.9 MB, 59:39
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle, including The Annotated White Company
- MX Publishing has a wide variety of new titles out this year; be sure to stock up in time for the holidays.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose251
- What Child Is This? (Amazon)
- Signed copies available from Mysterious Bookshop, Poisoned Pen, and Murder By the Book, Goldsboro Books (London)
- Bonnie's website: macbird.com
- Other episodes mentioned:
Post a Comment