“a most complete and remarkable woman” [LION]
It's odd to think that the Mary Russell series predates this show, yet we've never spoken with Laurie R. King, BSI ("The Red Circle") specifically about her most acclaimed series.
The 18th book in the Mary Russell series, The Lantern's Dance, is available on February 14, and Ms. King joined us to talk about her creation. Her familiarity with Sherlock Holmes is far from typical, and this unusual pairing of Ms. Russell and Mr. Holmes, which began with The Beekeeper's Apprentice in 1994, is as fresh and resilient as ever.
We talk about the development of the Sherlock Holmes character in her series, the impact of India, how fandom has responded and grown, and discover at which major events Laurie will be appearing this year.
The Canonical Couplet quiz is back, and it's an easy one! The winner, chosen at random from all correct answers, will win a copy of The Lantern's Dance. Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by February 14, 2024 at 11:59 a.m. EST. All listeners are eligible to play.
If you become a Patron of the Arts, not only will you help to ensure we can keep doing what we do, covering file hosting costs, production, and transcription services, but we have thank-you gifts at certain tiers and ad-free versions of the episodes for all patrons.
- MX Publishing regularly issues a Thank Holmes It's Friday newsletter, filled with first-to-know information and discounts for regular subscribers. Sign up today.
- The Lantern's Dance
- The Mary Russell series
- Episode 105: Echoes of Sherlock Holmes
- News items:
- Page from "The Crooked Man" manuscript up for auction (Best of Sherlock)
- The Sherlock Holmes Society of London India excursion (SHSL)
- Celebrating the 40th anniversary of Sherlock Hound (Crunchyroll)
- Find all of our relevant links and social accounts at linktr.ee/ihearofsherlock.