“the fruit of my leisured ease, the magnum opus” [LAST]
What happens when Sherlock Holmes faces off against forces of the supernatural? Well...nothing. At least nothing in the Canon.
But unleash the creative minds of Brad Keefauver, BSI ("Winwood Reade") and Rob Nunn, BSI ("Elementary") and 17 creative Sherlockian authors and you've got The Monstrum Opus of Sherlock Holmes: A Compendium of Horrors Dr. Watson Dared Not Tell. We've been horror-ing for the last two episodes. Hmm.
The duo join IHOSE to talk about their influences and what they hoped for in initiating this compendium. We even hear from Burt, who contributed one of the chapters himself.
A copy of this book awaits for the winner of the next Canonical Couplet quiz. Simply identify the Sherlock Holmes story based on two lines of poetry; if your answer is chosen from among the correct entries, you'll win.
Send your answer to comment @ ihearofsherlock .com by February 27, 2023 at 11:59 a.m. EST. The winner will be chosen at random from among all the correct answers. All listeners are eligible to play.
Download [Save As] | File size: 80.3MB, 58:28
Listen to I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere anywhere
- Wessex Press/Gasogene Books is the premier publisher of books about Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle.
- MX Publishing is a publishing dynamo, with new titles every week. They're sure to have loads of options for your Sherlock Holmes-related needs.
- This episode: ihose.co/ihose258
- The Monstrum Opus of Sherlock Holmes (Amazon)
- Sherlock Peoria
- Interesting Though Elementary
- Watsonian Weekly podcast
- Sherlock Holmes Is Real podcast
- Other episodes mentioned:
Post a Comment