Although Burt and I are both members of the Baker Street Irregulars and we will speak about the history and goings-on of the BSI, this is not the official podcast of the BSI. Should that august body ever decide to emerge from 1895 and start its own podcast, we'll be sure to let you know.
In this episode, we explore the following topics:
- Why a podcast?
- Ways to listen to the show
- The breadth of interest in Sherlock Holmes
- Listener comments - welcome, encouraged, by phone, email or the comment feature below
- Show frequency and length
- My First Meeting with Sherlock Holmes - Burt and Scott each share their own first experience with the great detective
- The Editor's Gas Lamp - from the Baker Street Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (1946), "What Is It That We Love In Sherlock Holmes?"
Links mentioned in this show:
- Podcast (via Wikipedia)
- The Annotated Sherlock Holmes: 2 Vols. in One
- The Baker Street Journal
- The BSJ CD-ROM
Download the episode by clicking on the icon