As you may know, today marks the 151st anniversary of the birth of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. We won't spend too much time on the subject this year (because frankly, we did that last year), but we'll provide you with a few links to honor his memory. Often regarded tongue-in-cheek by the Baker Street Irregulars as the "literary agent" for Dr. John Watson, he is was a man of great talent in a variety of areas, most notably in his writing.
Here are a few sites with more information on Sir Arthur:
- Previous entries on the Baker Street Blog labeled "Conan Doyle." From our other birthday greetings, to biographies, to the issues surrounding his fabled home, you'll find it here.
- A comprehensive page of links, laid out in narrative and list styles from Sherlockian.net.
- The May 22nd entry from This Day in History.
- The Arthur Conan Doyle Society
- Friends of the Arthur Conan Doyle Collection, Toronto Public Library
- The Conan Doyle Crowborough Establishment
- And what would a list of references be, without the obligatory Wikipedia entry for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
Do you have any favorite links or sites that you'd like to share? Please add them in as a comment below.